This ministry offers a variety of ways to learn about the Lord and Savior’s teachings. We offer adult and youth Sunday school, children’s church, confirmation, youth groups, vacation bible school, bible studies and discussion groups, as well as scholarships to further your faith and understanding.
Congregational Connections (Ministry)
A ministry group was formed to share the experience, celebration, and fellowship within Asbury South. They work to strengthen our faith by celebrating different events throughout the year and offering a plethora of different gatherings for fellowship, support, encouragement, and laughs. The group hosts the “Everybody’s Birthday Party”, a potluck lunch complete with cake and ice cream, the summer picnic, thanksgiving potluck, and member spotlights.
We are stretching our hand in God’s name to our congregation, the community, and our neighbors across the world. Our ministry has several ways we reach out ranging from serving warm meals to joining neighbors in their fundraisers. Our outreach helps to support:
- Center for Groveport Madison Human Needs (CGMHN) and the Greater Groveport Food Pantry
- Community Lunch – offered every Tuesday from 11am to 1pm and is free! Anyone who enters our church doors will be served a simple, hot, nutritious meal. While offer this as free to the community, a free will donation is always accepted, but NEVER expected.
- Community Store – Arrive early or stay after lunch and browse our community store. The store offers gently used household items (dishes, small appliances, bedding) for a minimal donation. All money collected are used to assist “outside” our church or to complete projects to make our church more user-friendly.
- Easter Egg Hunt
- Friday Morning Café – Join us in April, when this delicious café reopens it’s kitchen! The perfect opportunity for the community to gather weekly. Staffed completely by volunteers, diners receive made to order breakfast, all for a donation of $5. The café’s mission is to raise money to help support, maintain, and improve the church building.
Promotes and coordinates all mission activities within the congregation. The Mission Team also provides education, inspiration, and motivation, by leading the congregation in recognizing the Biblical responsibilities of every believer to be a participant in fulfilling the Great Commission to make disciples. These are some of their missions:
- Adult Mission Trip to Henderson Settlement in Kentucky
- Youth Mission rehabilitates or constructs homes for families
- Crop Walk Team walks to help end hunger in conjunction with World Church Service
- Advent and Lent Mission Projects:
- Heifer International and Operation Christmas Child
- Works with the Center for Groveport Madison Human Needs
- Adopt – a – Family
- Toy Collections
- School Supplies Collection
- “Touching Little Lives”
- Scouting – Cub Scouts and both Boys and Girls Scout Troops
- Trunk or Treat
Bringing opportunities of different ways that our congregation may worship our Lord in the services and beyond. It ranges from reading God’s word to singing, playing instruments or greeting guests with a smile. The team over sees:
- The Adult Bell Choir – Rainbow Ringers
- Altar Guild – maintaining our sanctuary according to the liturgical calendar with appropriate cloths, banners, and altar flowers. The team also organizes the purchase of Christmas and Easter flowers and prepares the candles for the Christmas Eve services.
- Asbury Handbell Choir – a choir made of up all ages (4 to adult). Using the Kristal Bell Method for playing bells, the ringers select the color they like and play that bell when they see the color on the “playing card” held by the director. They play during special occasions in the 10:30 service and on Christmas Eve.
- Audio/Visual Team
- Chancel Choir
- Communion Stewards
- Greeters and Ushers
- Praise Band
- Worship Readers
United Methodist Women (UMW)
A community of Asbury South women whose purpose is to know God and experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ. They develop a creative, supportive fellowship together with concepts of missions through participation in the church’s global ministries. Each gathering includes a business meeting, a short program, and refreshments. They also host and organize:
- Winter(December) and Spring (March) Craft Shows
- Flea Markets
- The Daughter Celebration honoring all the women and girls who have played an important role in our lives.
- Mitten Tree
- Prepare and serves bereavement meals at the church following funerals February bake sales and other fundraisers.